I see it frequently on Pinterest, odes to peanut butter by fitness people.
I get it. Peanut butter tastes amazing. It has that slightly sweet and salty combo I just love. Pair it with jelly on soft white bread and I’m in food heaven. There are however, legitimate reasons for not eating peanut butter.
- Peanut butter is covered in mold. This mold is what causes peanut allergies and can also damage your liver.
- Peanut butter contains lectin which is a naturally occurring toxin used to protect it from predators. Every time you eat it, you are filling your body with this toxin.
- Peanut crops are heavily treated with pesticides.
- The high levels on omega-6 found in peanuts can lead to inflammation.
- They contain oxalates. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=48
Removing peanut butter from your diet may help you loose weight, and work out better. Less inflammation means less fatigue and less pain which translates to better workouts. Use almond butter instead and stay away from cashews.